From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 3:41 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trango APEX link trouble

Voltage on the power supply can be increased if all you need is a
shorter power run.

On 5/14/10, Brad Belton <b...@belwave.com> wrote:
> How long have you had the link installed?
>
> How long is the Ethernet cable that you are running the PoE on?
>
> Are you powering the unit over the management port or the data port?
>
> We had trouble keeping an Apex unit powered up some time ago.  It would
run
> for 15min to an hour and then stop.  Turned out even though the Ethernet
> cable was only 250-260' we determined we need to power the unit via a
> shorter cable run.  Once we did that the problem hasn't arisen again
since.

> The odd thing is we have several Apex radios running without trouble on
> cables even longer than the 250-260' cable this unit was running on.
>
> Best,
>

> Brad

----

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts."
--- Winston Churchill

----