Sure its possible to have a radio that is failing. All I can say is....the
easiest and quickest thing to do is to 100% rule out everything else.
I have to admit, I jumped to think I had a bad radio twice, even go the
replacements shipped, and both times it ended up being cabling after all.
The Apexes are pretty solid.

There are so many possible ways CAT5 can go bad. And I know, the odds of two
cables going bad, (the management and Data) doesn't sound likey, but its
possible.
the APEX can be powered up by ether management or data cable. You might want
to try powering from the other one.

For cable damage, the big things are corrosion on the pins, or a bad crimp
to one of the pins. Those things are hard to spot, and dont always surface
for 6 months or so.. Cable blows in the wind, link goes down, or overheats
or shuts down because not getting enough current or to much while shorting
out.

Now when the APEXs first came out (like the first batch) there was a
manufacturering flaw with a part that I think effected Ethernet life, but
Trango proactively recalled them, like days after they shipped, and gave
free repairs on it. (I was impressed, very responsibly done) But that was
ages ago.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband