Members and WISP followers,

We would like to better understand some of the challenges that many of you
face on a daily basis as we continue to fine tune the Regional Meeting
Agenda.  As you know the 1st Regional Meeting is scheduled for July 21st and
22nd in St. Louis. We have been pleasantly surprised at the response we have
received from vendors in our industry in committing to exhibit at our
Regional Meeting.

One thing we have noticed during the signup period is that many WISPs that
are attending are traveling long distances to come to St. Louis in the first
stages of signup.  We originally picked St. Louis because of its central
location in the US and because there are a tremendous amount of WISP
companies throughout the Central US.  We really anticipated that 70% of our
attendees at this meeting would come from a 500 mile radius from St. Louis.
This does not seem to be the case and we find ourselves wondering why this
to be the case.

My first inclination is to blame it on weather.  I realize that weather in
the Central US has been extremely volatile this summer with persistent
storms continually moving across the region.  I am asking if this is really
the reason preventing many Midwestern WISPs from signing up for this meeting
or not.  If it is something else, I would like to investigate further.  We
believe it is our obligation to the Vendors who have committed staff, money
and resources to attend the meeting, that we ask these tough questions.

Our goal and the budget for the RM are based on a count of 200 attendees. We
are pretty sure we will reach this goal but if we are not going to get
there, we need to start preparing now.  As you may or may not know, we do
have a price increase of $50 per attendee beginning on July 1st.  It would
be silly of me not to point this out to any prospective attendees.

This week, we were able to negotiate a much nicer hotel and meeting
facilities at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.  The Renaissance actually
lowered its room rate surprisingly to $79 per night and threw in free
internet, parking and shuttle.  These concessions are saving our
participants nearly $60 from the previous hotel.  The catering and AV
budgets alone exceed the registration fees we are charging for members.

Therefore, I ask that everyone describe your intentions for attending or not
intending and send a brief description why.  If it is summer vacation, that
is fine, that is a risk we took when choosing these dates.  If it is summer
activities such as 4H fairs, baseball tournaments, or whatever, just let me
know.  If it is the weather and damage has not allowed you to book because
of excessive repair bills, that is also fine.  I am just trying to get a
feel on the pulse of the industry as we analyze the success of this meeting
and possibly plan the next one.

If there are other challenges you wish to discuss, let me know.  I would
rather the Board be aware so that we can formulate policy and programs to
alleviate these concerns as we move forward.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish

President

WISPA