From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of MDK
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 11:03 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Airmax speed

I put up a temporary install of a UBNT rocket / sector combination, and
it's at one of my regular AP spots, it sees quite a bit of noise.

using a nanobridge as a cpe, and with only one other client online...
was able, at 4 miles, to get an internal speed test of 120mbit.    This
is
using 40 mhz channel.

It isn't "ideal' conditions, in fact, far from it, as the client end was
looking past an obstruction, in the form of foliage in the fresnel zone,
and the other end sees noise on what unused rf space there is around the
-85 to -90 range.

I was able, using a 20 mhz channel, to get over 60 mbit throughput.
didn't realize until later I was partially sharing the spectrum with
another ap on the site.

Impressive.    Not so impressive is that at 8.2 miles, with the client
just
peeking over the rooftop of the next door house, and through a tiny gap
in trees a block away, throughput is about 8-12 down and 1-5 up, varies
at
times.   20 mhz channel.

the internal speed test is used mostly for the speed tests at the short
client, as I didn't have a fast enough machine to shove that much data,
and using speedtest.net tests for the client at 8.2 miles.

speed tests tended to raise the ping times from 1-6 ms to 8 to 20 ms,
with apparently some random noise caused long pings now and then.

Neofast, Inc, Making internet easy
541-969-8200  509-386-4589

--------