Marlon:

When I can send a tidbit to a god I feel privileged.

When I see that stuff, it usually means the tcpip stacks are corrupted.  I
keep this file in a text file on my service laptop and use accordingly.  The
text of the file follows:

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Follow these steps to reset the Internet Explorer configuration settings:

1.Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
2.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
3.In the Internet Explorer Default Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4.When you have reset the settings, click Close, and then click OK to
restart Internet Explorer.
In Internet Explorer, you do not usually have to reregister Internet
Explorer files. The Reset All Defaults feature includes an option to
reregister Internet Explorer files as a troubleshooting step.