When I used Windows, a program called tftpd32 was a life saver. Does
tftp (for router flashing) does syslog (for log testing) and dhcp (to
your <self!>) so you can avoid having to wait. a quick cmd -->
ipconfig /release <cr> ipconfig /renew and you have what ever IP you
need. Once I went full Gentoo, there are no hassles. VBox/VMWare runs
XP for the very very rare times I need it (namely for cell phone
programming these days)