Legacy loops (DS3/OC3) are some of the most expensive local loop
transport circuits.
There is no single way to find an alternate / less expensive local loop
transport.

The amount of options greatly varies on exactly where you are. It could
be an alternate CLEC, Local Cable Company, Fiber Division of local Power
Company, etc.

If you send me (off list) the address of where you are, I may be able to
suggest some alternate's.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom