Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS
j...@spitwspots.com | www.spitwspots.com

On 02/14/2014 12:35 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
It seems technically quite easy. Set compliance mode on an older device and associate to one that is compliant.

Does DFS certification only apply to AP operations or CPE operations as well? I'm guessing the former. If that's the case, UBNT hasn't done the paperwork to get them certified as CPE either, but should be a lot easier as they don't need to pass all of the other business. Also, that makes more sense... that your AP control what happens in a given area.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

*From: *"Matt Hoppes" <mhop...@indigowireless.com>
*To: *"WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
*Cc: *"WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
*Sent: *Friday, February 14, 2014 3:31:32 PM
*Subject: *Re: [WISPA] Are we being muscled out of the 5265 - 5700 frequencies?

Ummm. And how are you connected uncertified devices to a DFS equipped sector?

On Feb 13, 2014, at 10:17, Art Stephens <asteph...@ptera.com <mailto:asteph...@ptera.com>> wrote:

    We have over 600 Airgrids deployed (Which did not get DFS approval
    but we are using the frequencies listed and DFS on the Rocket
    Sectors they connect to. I have been chasing jumping bunny rabbits
    (False Positives from competitors putting  up new APs)) - cost to
    replace $6000 not including labor costs. And money grows on trees.

    All of our other equipment I have reprogrammed and updated to
    bring them up to "legal".

    Same with Power Bridges - No DFS - So when the Nano beams came out
    5.7-5.8 No DFS that triggered my question about the lower
    frequencies whether it seemed like they were going to be withdrawn
    and sold off to the highest bidder. It is all about the money
    after all.

    Are we the only ones that deployed so many Airgrids?.

    On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM, Forrest Christian (List Account)