Al Sparber:
You might be right about new windows being a fiscal non-issue when examined or tested. We do have experience with some frameset impact, that are downright interesting.

it's our Demo Viewer application. It has an enormous impact on sales.

If I'm not mistaken it reloads a dynamic frameset for each link, so window targets don't seem to apply here - it's more a convenient way to load the navigation for your product catalogue without having to work navigation into each demo page or cause users to pogostick between pages (nav then sample then nav etc). I see why it works for you.

Aside: Perhaps the noframe content could point back to the front page where there is the option to review each product individually.

kind regards
Terrence Wood.