Bruce wrote:
Personally and from a usability I feel pdf's belong in the office, not on the web. As a definite download link and have a choice between viewing it as html or a pdf download. I hate seeing pdf becoming more popular.

i think that offering a substantial amount of information, like a manual or book, in pdf format is a good way to provide information to users who want it. html has the limitation of not being able to download all of the information, especially if it's on more than one page and not packaged to be completely downloaded in one fell swoop.

the gutenberg project offers books in text and html formats. i think that some of the books are offered in pdf, but don't quote me on that. the pdf format is not sinister and as web designers and developers, we might as well get used to the fact that pdf is going to be on the web in increasing numbers.

dwain

--
Dwain Alford
http://www.alforddesigngroup.com