Designer wrote:
> By that term ["purely visual site"] I meant a site which
> has very little (if any) text.
Thank you for the example but I don't understand what is purely visual about
this site. If the alt text for images was written correctly, a blind person
using a screen reader or someone who turned image rendering off in the browser,
would still get information from this site.

The same would apply if 100% of the content on the site were made up of images.

X/HTML is not a visual technology. So long as Web pages are written in X/HTML
according to specification, there shouldn't be such a things as a "purely
visual site".

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xhtml.com