On Jan 9, 2008 2:01 PM, Andrew Maben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> standards-compliant designers represent perhaps 1% of the industry
>
> is this really the figure - any sources?

It's impossible to say, unless you draw a line in the sand and define what
qualifies someone to call themselves a 'web designer'. Does it have to be
your job title? Your business? Do you have to be paid for it?

Our "industry" includes everyone from Zeldman to the marketing department
struggling with a CMS to back-bedroom solo web agencies to the neighbour's
kid with a copy of FrontPage.

--

- Matthew