On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:13:13 +1100, Chris Knowles wrote:

> because thats a different issue. Its an issue of the user not upgrading to
> software
> thats available and thats better. ...

Just one niggle here. "The user" might well be using a computer
at work, school, a library, or an Internet café. What chance do these
millions have of upgrading?

It *is* possible to conform to web standards *and* to write code
that is accessible to a wide audience, as a great deal of Thierry's
writing makes abundantly clear.

As an example, I work for a school district that still inflicts
Netscape 4 on its children. A clean, semantically marked-up plain
HTML page with little or no styling should work fine for them, I hope.

Cordially,
David