I'm finding myself having to justify my work methods to a boss who has almost zero interest in usability, accessibility or standards. (Though I have managed to get into the long-term plan: "...website that is compliant with W3C standards and Section 508...")

One question that has been raised is "if site X has pages that validate as transitional, why do you have to produce pages that validate as strict?"

To my embarrassment I don't have a ready answer - I realise that it's something that I've essentially taken on faith.

Any one care to help fill in the blanks?

"Pages that validate as strict are superior to transitional because _______________."

"It is important to serve pages that validate as strict because _______________."

Thanks in advance.

Andrew