http://www.flexewebs.com/semantix/?p=5
> Please follow the link provided in there to W3C site which mentions what <
h1 > is there for.

It's almost Friday, so here goes ;)

I may be wrong, but with the millions of web sites out there
identity/branding is a big deal. If I consider the name of the site being
the most important piece of information in the document, then I have no
problem putting it in a H1.

As a side note, the URL you posted links to a document that does not mention
your company/site name which is not in the TITLE element either, so I think
this explains our different stances ;-)

--
Regards,
Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com