I think that was the point of both myself and Dave, Todd.
Mark's vitriolic rant seemed to miss the point that the technology comes after you discover what the business requires, what their resources are, what the requirements of the site will be over the next 12-24 months, etc. not just say OK to contribute because the client says so before discovering much more important things....

And as for budget, well, Contribute at $99 is more expensive than many CMSs (twice the cost of the powerful EE and $99 more than Drupal).

As you say, a god consultant will discover why they want Contribute and, upon discovering those needs, either continue with Contribute or offer a solution that meets their needs better, should that be the case, but it is the needs of the project that need to be discovered first, I'd have thought.....

Joe