On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Rimantas Liubertas <riman...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Exactly, only this can mean the opposite of what you state:
> more tech savy users know how to turn Javascript off, unlike
> the general public.

One other thing to bear in mind is that we are mostly thinking of users as
being sat at home surfing the web - but a large proportion of web traffic
will be people surfing from work, where they have no control over the
configuration or restrictions placed on either their browser or at the
firewall level. There are bound to be some sysadmins who lockdown script
access for all employees, which will contribute to the 5-10% of non-JS
enabled users. It's not always a conscious choice on the part of the user.

- Matthew