Oh, brother, Dennis.you're implying that the use of the word "favorites" is
a conspiracy?

And it really doesn't matter who develops a function and for what
reason.it's up to the

developers and designers to use or not use a function, depending on their
target audience.

Every business has to differentiate itself in the marketplace, including IE.
By choosing to

call "bookmarks", "favorites", they sought a way to become more
user-friendly.and succeeded

in my view.  Calling a site on of my "favorites" makes a lot more sense than
calling it one of

my "bookmarks."

And, I don't recall ever mentioning putting anything "favorites link" on a
web page.  I could use

that on a Firefox browser or any other.the terms used don't matter.it's
still the same type

functionality.

And what does "pedigree" matter?!?  Do you only ever use functionality that
has an appropriate

"pedigree?"

And, I'll guarantee you that as the use of RSS becomes more and more common,
the terms by

which it is referred will change, as well.  It's still just a technological
tool, just like a bookmark

or "favorite".  You sound more like the "company man", with remarks like
"the actual industry

term is bookmark."  Who cares what  the *industry* calls it.

In the world of business, it's not "standardization" that causes success, it
differentiation with

superior products or marketing.either way it spells success.

And for those of you with legal requirements to use or avoid certain
features.great!  Use

them as you will!  But don't criticize others who take a more practical
approach and aren't

enslaved by the legal requirements which chain you down.

You just don't realize it, but you're enslaved more by your "company" than I
will *ever* be.

Rick