On 29/09/2015 02:18, Dave Halbakken wrote:
Hi Dave,
> Thanks for your reply, Mike.
>
> I found that this problem can be reproduced by unplugging and re-plugging
> the USB cable to my soundcard. To get WSJT-X fully working again you have to
> swap the soundcard settings away and back on both input and output audio.
> Perhaps a dirty USB cable contact was the cause in my case.
The symptoms you have described are best explained by a USB audio device
disappearing for some reason. The most likely cause of that is some
operating system driven partial shut down in my experience. I know you
have checked that the USB hub sleep settings have been disabled but I do
not know the full details of the Windows 10 changes in that area.

> But that brings up a feature request: please make recovery from the
> temporary disconnection of a soundcard both graceful and automatic if
> possible.
That is not straightforward. Maintaining a setting of a USB audio device
that has been removed from the system is leaving the application with an
invalid configuration. Currently we do support USB audio devices being
removed while the application is not running; so long as they are
restored before the application is restarted.

IMHO supporting non-existent devices will lead to far more user issues
than the current arrangement.

Running WSJT-X for extended periods of time while the system is liable
to initiate a power saving strategy, cannot be supported unless that
power saving strategy does not impact the resources being used by WSJT-X.