On 30/09/2015 09:00, Dave Halbakken wrote:
> Bill, I understand your hesitance add a recovery feature for audio cards,
> but such a feature might be similar to the way some OS's display a
> notification that a network cable has been unplugged. As soon as you plug
> the network cable in again, the OS recovers gracefully and even grabs a new
> dynamic IP address if necessary with no further user intervention. Seems
> pretty simple from a user's standpoint, though I don’t know how difficult it
> might be to code in WSJT-X.
Hi Dave,

that is not really an equivalent situation. Network traffic is link
agnostic assuming the destination can be reached so no decisions need be
made by the operating system other than to establish a connection on a
every working link. With our case we have dedicated audio connections,
for example only one CODEC is connected to your rig; WSJT-X knows which
CODEC you wish to use when you select it from the list of currently
available CODECS, it cannot differentiate between a CODEC disappearing
temporarily or permanently without further input from the user.