Could you please try this version of WSJT-X and see if it behaves?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhaaaikqsfulykn/wsjtx-2.4.0-rc3-win64.exe?dl=0

Mike W9MDB

    On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 06:40:49 AM CDT, Craig <cshar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Hi all,
I am running WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc3 on an HP 8200 Elite with 8G ram.
This is connected to an IC-7300 via Win4Icom.
Normally I run V2.2 of WSJT-X.  I decided to update to WSJT-X 2.3 GA and found
that my audio was not working on transmit.  I confirmed all my drivers and
settings were consistent to V2.2.  I never have any issues with V2.2.  It's
rock solid.  I found that if I clicked on tune in WSJT-X 2.3, I had audio, but
I had to click transmit and halt multiple times to get the normal transmit
audio to work.  Once it started working, it was fine and I had no more issues
until I shut down WSJT-X and restarted it.  After restart, the issue was back.
Now that I am on WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc3, it is exhibiting the same symptoms.  I also
have V2.2 loaded and confirmed that V2.2 still functions correctly.
Reading another post, it had said that the VOX being on can cause this issue.
I do not use VOX and validated that the VOX setting on the 7300 is turned off.
Thank you,

Craig Sharp