On 8/1/2021 9:34 AM, Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel wrote:
A grid square does not meet that criteria. OTOH the grid square is not required by that definition of a QSO.

Horsepucky. A name is a piece of information. So is a State. And a grid square a IS a piece of information, accepted as such by contest administrators, including ARRL, the 160M Stew Perry. And it is FAR more information than the automatic 59 and 599 exchanged in virtually all DXpedition QSOs.

A perspective outside of WSJT world is required. And maybe a few decades in the hobby doing something more than staring at computer screens. Many WSJT users I know work CW, SSB, and RTTY, and have been at it for decades. I've been at it for 66 years.

73, Jim K9YC