> On 15 Aug 2019, at 12:38, Julien Grall <julien.gr...@arm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am not going to answer on the patch itself but the process.
>
> Any series (i.e more than one patch) should contain a cover letter with a
> rough summary of the goal of the series.
>
> Furthermore, this 3 patches series has been received as 3 separate threads
> (i.e in-reply-to is missing). This is making difficult to know that all the
> patches belongs to the same series. In general, all patches are send as
> in-reply-to the cover letter. So all the patches sticks together in one
> thread.
>
> The cover letter can be generated via git format-patch --cover-letter.
> Threading is done automatically with git-send-email when all the patches as
> passed in arguments.
>
> For more details how to do it, you can read:
>
> https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches#Sending_a_Patch_Series
>
> <https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches#Sending_a_Patch_Series>
>
> Cheers,

Hi Pawel,

thank you for submitting the patch series.

We had a couple of new starters recently who followed a similar pattern to you.
As a result of this, I recently updated the following docs

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches
<https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches> - Definitions
and general workflow
The bit which saves the most work is
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches#Sending_a_Patch_Series

<https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Project_Patches#Sending_a_Patch_Series>
As for Julien's comment on the threading: see the --thread and --cover-letter
option as described in the Sending a Patch Series

https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Managing_Xen_Patches_with_Git
<https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Managing_Xen_Patches_with_Git> - Basic Git
commands fitting into the workflow, including how to deal with reviews
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Managing_Xen_Patches_with_StGit
<https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Managing_Xen_Patches_with_StGit> - Basic
StGit commands fitting into the workflow, including how to deal with reviews
I have not had time to play with git series yet. If anyone in your team uses it
let me know

In any case: if you follow the instructions the entire submission process and
dealing with review comments becomes much easier.

As a newcomer, to contributing to Xen, I would greatly appreciate if you could
let me know of any issues with the docs, such that we can fix them

Regards
Lars