Hannes Mayer wrote:
> Hi Jan!
>
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
> [...]
>> Hmm, 2.4 limitation. There used to by some tool called ksymoops for
>> this. Please give it a try.
>
> hmm...so far I haven't figured out how to use ksymoops, but I got this:

ksymoops < your-kernel-log

If you have nothing in your local logs, try to redirect the kernel
output to a serial port and capture it on a second box over null-modem.

> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c0126f46
> __ipipe_dispatch_event
> ??:0
> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c01160d1
> schedule
> ??:0
> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c01266c7
> flush_scheduled_tasks
> ??:0
> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c0105000
> _stext
> ??:0
> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c0105080
> init
> main.c:0
> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c010739e
> arch_kernel_thread
> ??:0
> # addr2line -e vmlinux -f c0105070
> init
> main.c:0
>
> Does this help ?

What about addr2line -e vmlinux -f c01d68b2?

> If not, please advise with ksymoops. (btw, there is no .ksyms file
> in /var/log/ksymoops for the boot oops)

/proc/ksyms?

>>> .config later
>
> Find my kernel config attached. Note that the same config without
> the periodic timer works flawlessly.

I still got no oops here, even with LAPIC on (one of the major
differences in our configs). Maybe I will try your original config later.

But there is definitely something fishy about
adeos-ipipe-2.4.32-i386-1.2-05: my Linux clock runs about twice as fast
as it should. This doesn't happen with a comparable 2.6 setup. I still
need to check what happens without CONFIG_XENO_OPT_TIMING_PERIODIC...
Uuh, what's this now? The oops, just with "inverted" .config! And it's
inside qemu - no chance to escape then. 8)

Ok, will keep you posted!