On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 22:02 +0100, Niklaus Giger wrote:

[...]

> The trap 0 in  /proc/xenomai/fault seems to count on each invocation of simple
>   0:           51    (Data or instruction access)

This means that we do encounter minor or major faults which end up being
gracefully handled. This could also happen upon request to expand the
process stack (conversely, does raising the size of the process stack at
init changes anything?). You may want to instrument
arch/ppc/mm/fault.c:do_page_fault, in order to identify which faults are
processed on behalf of the test thread.