Around 19 o'clock on Jan 21, David Dawes wrote:

> Is there any consensus on whether the new (red) cursor theme should be
> the default in 4.3, or the traditional cursor shapes?

The (lame) red cursor theme isn't the best possible replacement for the 
default cursors, but does offer some advantages for many users -- the 
default cursor size is a bit larger, making it easier to find on the 
screen.

I had hoped that a better theme would be available by this time, but while 
I've seen a few example cursors like:

        http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php3?ikony=71

I haven't seen anyone attempt a complete set, both because it's a lot of 
work and because there aren't great tools yet available to help in this 
task.

What we should probably do is create a "theme" name that directs Xcursor 
to use core cursors, then that theme could be placed in the global Xcursor 
configuration file so that it would be easier for distributions to switch 
this without recompiling anything.  Then we could choose to enable or 
disable them without code change when a reasonable concensus was reached.

-keith


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to