On 10 Mar 2003, D. Rick Anderson wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem with my monitor. In linux (RH 8.0) it is
> just 'slightly' blurry. Not so blurry as to make it impossible to read,
> but blurry enough that if I code here for more than 20 minutes or so, my
> head is pounding from eye strain. If I boot up into windblows 2000 it's
> nice and crisp using the same resolution (1024 x 768). Any ideas how to
> fix this? I've tried all kinds of refresh rates to no avail. I even
> tried 800 x 600 (eeek), but it was blurry there as well.
> Here's my config:
> RedHat 8.0 (haven't upgraded anything until I figure this out so it's
> all distro defaults)
> GeForce 2 MX 400 (Also tried a PCI ATI Xpert 128 with same result)
> Shamrock C903P5 19" monitor.
> 
> it HAS to be something in the monitor settings. I tried this before with
> RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 on a machine with an Intel 810 (I think), but ended
> up going back to 2000. Well I've decided that I'm NEVER using another MS
> product, so I have to figure this out now.
> 
> Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

   Assuming by "blurry" you aren't saying that the fonts are anti-
aliased.  Some people consider that a feature.

   It really just sounds like a bad monitor or cable.  Are you
sure the refresh rate isn't too high?  At the same resolution
higher refresh rates will look fuzzier.


                        Mark.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to