On 10 Mar 2003, D. Rick Anderson wrote:

> Man I wish it was something as simple as anti-aliasing.
> 
> I tried my little 15" Sony on here, and it looks nice and sharp. I just
> don't really want to work on that 15" all day.
> 
> What's getting my goat is if I boot into windows 2000 it looks great!
> It's only in linux that it looks like this, which is what led me to
> think that it had to be a refresh problem or something. I know that
> Shamrock made really cheap monitors, but I really don't have the money
> to fork out for another 19", and besides, if it's working in Microshaft
> Windblows then there must be a way to get it to work in X. 
> 
> I ran ddcprobe and the values I got were:
> H: 30 - 95
> V: 47 - 130
> 
> so that's what I set it to in the configuration, but it didn't change
> anything.

My ddcprobe came with ddcxinfo; "ddcxinfo -modelines" produces precise 
modelines which the monitor says it likes best. You could try putting 
those into the monitor config section.

-- 
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to