I was using a similar card, and was also unhappy with the 2D graphics.  I
don't quite know what to tell you.  I've since bought a Matrox G550, which
has vastly improved the situation for me.  I've heard that NVIDIA's linux
drivers are improving, however, so I'd suggest you give that a try since
they don't release the specs on their hardware anyways.  It might be that
the XFREE86 driver is a little buggy, and trying the proprietary drivers
might show some difference (I use Matrox's drivers, and I'm happy).  Also,
having a refresh rate of 80 or 85 should make some difference, of course.

Jesse

On 10 Mar 2003, D. Rick Anderson wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem with my monitor. In linux (RH 8.0) it is
> just 'slightly' blurry. Not so blurry as to make it impossible to read,
> but blurry enough that if I code here for more than 20 minutes or so, my
> head is pounding from eye strain. If I boot up into windblows 2000 it's
> nice and crisp using the same resolution (1024 x 768). Any ideas how to
> fix this? I've tried all kinds of refresh rates to no avail. I even
> tried 800 x 600 (eeek), but it was blurry there as well.
>
> Here's my config:
> RedHat 8.0 (haven't upgraded anything until I figure this out so it's
> all distro defaults)
> GeForce 2 MX 400 (Also tried a PCI ATI Xpert 128 with same result)
> Shamrock C903P5 19" monitor.
>
> it HAS to be something in the monitor settings. I tried this before with
> RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 on a machine with an Intel 810 (I think), but ended
> up going back to 2000. Well I've decided that I'm NEVER using another MS
> product, so I have to figure this out now.
>
> Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Rick
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> XFree86 mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
>
>


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to