Mark Vojkovich wrote:

On 10 Mar 2003, D. Rick Anderson wrote:



Man I wish it was something as simple as anti-aliasing.

I tried my little 15" Sony on here, and it looks nice and sharp. I just
don't really want to work on that 15" all day.

What's getting my goat is if I boot into windows 2000 it looks great!
It's only in linux that it looks like this, which is what led me to
think that it had to be a refresh problem or something. I know that
Shamrock made really cheap monitors, but I really don't have the money
to fork out for another 19", and besides, if it's working in Microshaft
Windblows then there must be a way to get it to work in X.


I ran ddcprobe and the values I got were:
H: 30 - 95
V: 47 - 130

so that's what I set it to in the configuration, but it didn't change
anything.



The monitor says it can do 130, but that doesn't mean it looks
any good at 130. XFree86 has modelines going up to about 100 if
I recall correctly so that's probably what you're getting now.
Set the VertRefresh to max out at 75 or so.


Mark.



Ok, but how do you force a specific, exact refresh rate? My monitor's manual lists the exact dot-clock and frequency for each resolution, but even if I specify only one value for hsync and vsync in XF86Config, the values xvidtune reports are at least a little off (ie 76.8 instead of 75).

-- Trever

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to