Hi,

Vivek wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Jonas Bulow wrote:



I searched the whole disk without finding a single ".xmodmap*".




It won't necessarily be called .xmodmap, will it? That's just a convenient way of namimg the input file to xmodmap. You need to check which scripts startx or xinitrc or gdm or whatever runs.

I started X with xinit. My .xinitrc contains one line:
gnome-session





I talked to a few other people who had just upgraded to 4.3.0. They have
the same problem as I have.  I attached my .xmodmap extracted by xkeycaps.

I can't find out how to configure ISO_Level3_Shift to be a dead key. It
does not seem to be within the scope of what xmodmap can do.



The only differences I can see are that you don't assign Multi_key
to keycode 0x71 (in addition to ISO...) and I don't know what your
XkbModel and XkbLayout are set to in XF86Config-4. ( Mine are "pc105"
and "gb" ): You've used pc102 /swedish/finnish for xkeycaps: Is your


XF86Config configured similarly?

xkeycaps could not figure out the keyboard model itself so I have to enter it manually when staring xkeycaps. I have "pc102" as XkbModel och XkbLayout is "se". FWIW, my keyboard is a IBM Thinkpad T30.

xmodmap -pke | grep 113 gives:
keycode 113 = ISO_Level3_Shift Multi_key

which is identical to your .xmodmap-nessus.

Have you tried running xemacs (or emacs) and pressing the AltGr key? It works as expected in all other circumstances, like xterm, vi, mozilla, gnome-terminal, etc for me, but not xemacs.

Btw, I really appreciate your help, Vivek!!

Best regards,
   Jonas








_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86



_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to