> Have you tried running xemacs (or emacs) and pressing the AltGr key? It
> works as expected in all other circumstances, like xterm, vi, mozilla,
> gnome-terminal, etc for me, but not xemacs.

It works everywhere except xemacs: It works in emacs21, emacs20, verious
terminal emulators, but xemacs21-mule beeps and says "iso-level3-shift not
defined". I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's an xemacs
problem: If I set it to just "Multi Key" then it sort of works,
except I have to hit AltGr-3 3 to get ³ instead of just AltGr-3.

Which version of xemacs are you using, and will a recompile or update
of xemacs help?

> Btw, I really appreciate your help, Vivek!!

That's Ok - I know how frustrating these things can be.