Hello Marc,

> Hmmm.  I'm confused.  How is what Ian wrote
> suggesting that Mozilla XUL is not an open standard?

> Isn't he just saying the the specification
> is independent from other (XML) UI languages that
> other people are working on?

  Well, Ian writes that Mozilla XUL like Avalon XAML
is a proprietary (XML) UI language. Thus, according to
my understanding of proprietary (that is, controlled
by a single vendor) it can't be an open standard by
definition.

  I guess because nowadays everybody claims everything
is an open standard including for example Windows that
the word has somehow lost its meaning.

  - Gerald

Gerald Bauer

XUL Alliance | http://xul.sourceforge.net
United XAML  | http://xaml.sourceforge.net

Interested in hiring Gerald Bauer? Yes, I'm available.

If you know of an opportunity in Toronto or Vancouver,
please contact me today.