On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Marc Clifton wrote:

> Well, maybe clearly saying "XUL is an open UI language standard as
> compared to these other ones" might be helpful.

But it isn't. As Gerald likes to point out, there isn't even a complete
spec. It certainly isn't a standard by any meaningful use of the word.

> I also think something could be said in general about the commonality of
> XML UI languages.

What has _XML_ got to do with anything? Web Apps 1.0 isn't an XML
language, it's HTML-based. Avalon, Flash, Win32, Dashboard, GTK -- none of
those are XML based, and they are the biggest competitors to WA1.

> Yes, this section is supposed to simply say "there is no relationship",
> but hey, you open the door a crack, let's do it right, right?

I'm not really sure what you want the section to say.

> Ian, any comments about my editorial remarks?

I encourage you to send your comments to the WHATWG mailing list.