Godwin's law has been invoked.

Matthew Raymond wrote:
Arron Ferguson wrote:

I don't. He seems to be into some evil things, humanitarian eugenics for
one. Humanitarian eugenics is a belief system that suggests that all
peoples of the world are not considered equal - based on genetics. So
for example African nations are poor and stupid because their of a lower
quality of genetic code not because their environment has beaten them
down. It's the exact same belief system that allowed Hitler to murder
millions of Jews under the pretence of "cleansing" the human race of
inferiority.

You're confusing humanitarian eugenics with racism. I think most modern supporters of eugenics, including Ian, would argue that the way the Nazis used eugenics was a complete misapplication if its principles. They would probably argue that eugenics, when applied to things like IQ, family histories of violence or alcohol, et cetera, can be very effective in improving society.

I disagree with him, but not because I think he's a racist. I disagree because I believe that both genetics and evolution are to complicated to approach with such a simplistic and linear a model as the one presented by humanitarian eugenics.

Based on the above and the poison he injects into this forum, I have no
problem with having him removed it it's possible.

His beliefs with regards to genetics have nothing to do with this mailing list.

 > He offers nothing positive to this online community.

I find that he frequently dispells misinformation in this mailing list. Without him, many misrepresentations, logical fallacies and outright bad information would go unchallenged, especially with regards to XUL and WHATWG. In fact, he most frequently posts on threads that start with Gerald saying "Guess what Ian Hickson said about such-and-such". Banning would leave such threads tragically imbalanced.

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by: Beat the post-holiday blues Get a FREE limited edition SourceForge.net t-shirt from ThinkGeek. It's fun and FREE -- well, almost....http://www.thinkgeek.com/sfshirt _______________________________________________ xul-talk mailing list xul-talk@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xul-talk