Just gave a quick try, Hive master didn't compile. I gave up post that...
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile
(default-compile) on project hive-common: Compilation failure
[ERROR]
/Users/ayushsaxena/code/hive/common/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/common/JvmMetrics.java:[23,37]
package org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics does not exist

I think it due to HADOOP-17524
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17524>, it will be quite a
effort to upgrade from 3.3.x to 3.4.x, I don't think we would chase that
upgrade in hive anytime soon

I will abstain

-Ayush