"JohanStrandberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sez:

>> Finally, please bear in mind that as always, the plural of "anecdote" is
>> not "data". :-)
>
>Well. There is nothing anecdotal about what I have written above. I am
>strictly writing about my personal first hand experiences. Frankly,
>they suck enough as they are without knowing that others might have
>similar experiences.
>
>I will do what it takes to provide you with additional hard data, but
>I do not appreciate being dismissed as just passing along "anecdotes"
>about my problems.

My observation was not directed at any particular individual situation,
and I regret if you took it as such.

Rather, I mean that as a reminder that although specific problems may & do
arise from various sources, their existence does not automatically
imply there is a general issue.

Or, to put it more concretely, even if I got a flat tire this morning,
that doesn't mean everyone else driving in to work is likely to. :-)

Regards,

 Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc.                        <http://www.barebones.com>