Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 01:36:31PM +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> >
> > Note: I sent a patch to the kernel that fixes PROM layout and introduces
> > two partitions in PROM: Boot PROM System and EN-JP DB3.
>
> With 2.6.32-rc3 I don't see that 2nd PROM partition and didn't noticed
> any special Kconfig option for that (in case someone wanted to make your
> change optional)

Patch was not yet applied. You can apply it from the list. Maybe I will
re-send and add config option.

In fact, the partition called "Boot PROM Filesystem" is a DB3 file that
contains English-Japanese dictionary. I guess that there is no Boot PROM
Filesystem, but a bootloader. It is invisible in current kernels.

I can only guess why designers decided to place translation dictionary
to the fast and expensive mask-programmable PROM.