Andrea Adami wrote:
> well, I reply to myself:
>
> in sharpsl-flash.c we had:
>
> static struct mtd_partition sharpsl_partitions[1] = {
> <------>{
> <------><------>name:<-><------>"Boot PROM Filesystem",
> <------>}
> };

This was a map for PROM, and it was incorrect! "Boot PROM Filesystem" is
in fact EN-JP DB3 file-partition (at least for spitz). I fixed it for
spitz.c, but not for other models. Note that it will change numbering of
partition (it is not stable anyway and depends on order of modules
load).

> Now in corgi.c we have:
>
> static struct mtd_partition sharpsl_nand_partitions[] = {
> <------>{
> <------><------>.name = "System Area",
> <------><------>.offset = 0,
> <------><------>.size = 7 * 1024 * 1024,
> <------>},
> <------>{
> <------><------>.name = "Root Filesystem",
> <------><------>.offset = 7 * 1024 * 1024,
> <------><------>.size = 25 * 1024 * 1024,
> <------>},
> <------>{
> <------><------>.name = "Home Filesystem",
> <------><------>.offset = MTDPART_OFS_APPEND,
> <------><------>.size = MTDPART_SIZ_FULL,
> <------>},
> };

And this is a map for NAND.

> Same in spitz.c

For spitz.c (borzoi and terrier, probably also spitz), reads for NAND
and PROM works - *_nand_platform_data is correctly filled.

All the partition mapping (map, possibly badblock pattern (BBT) and
ecc_layout (OOB)) has to be completely moved from map files to platform
definition.

For flash memories using a standard format, BBT and OOB are filled by
the MTD driver, but for some reason, some of Zaruses (e. g. borzoi and
terrier, maybe more) use non-standard NAND structure. If you don't
define it, you'll fail to read NAND (well, reading from NAND works
correctly, but kernel thinks, that checksum in the OOB area are
incorrect and the block is bad). Symptoms: NAND errors reported in
syslog.

Note: Even spitz and borzoi have different NAND OOB structure.

See my mails:
Zaurus: Fix PROM partition table for spitz
Zaurus: Fix NAND Flash OOB layout for Borzoi

And Pavel's patch:
2.6.32-rc7: compile regression on spitz