--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, David Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My point is that if you know two complementary systems that have
overlapping
> steps, you can switch between them and really increase your odds of
being
> able to skip a step.

That's one of the nice things about using Roux, COLL+PLL, and PLL.
When you start with Roux and get DF and DB placed, you can solve like
COLL+PLL or CLL+ELL, when you start with a cross and skip the OLL
after VH/ZBF2L you can use PLL, and you get nice PLL skips with COLL.

I think having two complimentary systems for the start of the solve is
just as important as for the later steps.  If you could use xcross,
normal cross, and Roux, especially using opposite color solving, for
example, you get very good odds of getting a nice start to most solves.

-Mike

P.S.  I really think the only way ZB will pan out for me is if I can
find a way to narrow it down to only no corners perm cases.  They're
fast, easy to recognize, and there are only 72 of them (which we all
know at least 6).  Someone figure that out!

Yahoo! Groups Links