> ... debugging level to 5 ... about 4Gb of logs,
> the stick and driver were doing fine.
If you're willing to do so, I think it's necessary to get into a failure
situation and try to retrieve something useful from the logs.

Try to find a debug level that makes the stick fail, without producing extreme
amounts of logging. Then try to extract warnings/errors/oopses from the log.

However, because of the complexity of the code and seemingly total lack of
documentation I don't think you should expect any miracles. (to me it looks as
if Zydas took a PCI driver and glued some USB code around it, making the code
very hard to read)

I've been wondering whether the kernel actually calls the zd1211's disconnect
function, and if so, if it gets stuck in there.