>> I've been wondering whether the kernel actually
>> calls the zd1211's disconnect
>> function, and if so, if it gets stuck in there.
>>

> According to the output I see in log files and the
> printk statements in the source code, the function
> seems to be called.
Are you certain this is the case? I don't see the "zd1211 disconnect"
message in my logs... Could you be so kind to post the relevant logs (to
my personal address if it's large)? So i can see how my logs differ.

> However I do not know if it
> succeeds or not... I'm going to test this a little bit!
any results yet?

I'm currently testing an ugly hack which might save me the rebooting every
time. Note that this hack is so ugly that I'm not going to share it unless
there's no other option ;)