I tested the following adapter with the rw driver:

Brand: Fiberline WL-430U
usb ID: 1582:6003
chip ID string: zd1211b chip 1582:6003 v4810 full 00-11-f6 AL2230_RF pa0 g--

- "iwlist eth1 scanning" shows available APs
- configuring with iwconfig essid/enc seems successfull, "iwconfig eth1" shows
desired configuration and link quality.

- dhclient eth0 does not work:
DHCPDISCOVER on eth1 to port 67 interval 4
receive_packet failed on eth1: Network is down

then i did "ifconfig eth1 up", but still the same error with dhclient.
So there is no network transfer possible.

I also tested the eth1 device with wpa_supplicant with WPA/TKIP and WEP 64bit
secured APs. In any cases it was not possible to associate with the AP.

with the r77 version wep and wpa works with this device.