Hello all,

This posting is for all who are having problems to get a zd1211b based usb
wifi device working on Mandriva 2006.

Problems that crossed my path:
1) Device does not connect to ap. Solution: use a recent driver version of
zd1211rw (look at http://www.deine-taler.de/zd1211/snapshots/); the one
delivered with standard kernel 2.6.18 did not connect with my device (X
Micro stick).
2) Device does only work when plugging in; does not work when it remains
plugged in and reboot. Here the recent patch on the recent thread "Driver
leaving device in bugged state ?" on this forum works perfectly.
3) Device claims eth0 interface, which is also claimed by network card. Use
ifrename and iftab to rename the device to e.g. zd0 ; create your specific
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-zd0 script
4) Interface does not get renamed at cold boot (and I mean _really_ cold, so
no power supply to computer and/or usb hubs).
Make sure ifrename is called in /etc/rc.d/init.d/network , by adding:

gprintf "Setting interface names with ifrename"
/sbin/ifrename -p
success "ifrename"
echo

You can add this just before /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia is called, to be sure
things do not get mixed up by hotplug.

Hope this will save others a _lot_ of time....!

Best regards to all, especially to zd1211rw developers for giving us this
great driver!

Hans.