Daniel,

we had wireless-dev for 2.6.19, but I had no idea about your work for
2.6.20. Actually I wanted to integrate Jon Smirl's patch, but there
was already the fix in wireless-2.6.

I would like to use the name wireless-2.6, because that indicates
better, that it is against wireless-2.6. Notify that Jon has called
the descape/d80211 tree wireless-dev. So wireless-dev might not be
the most prudent choice.

However wireless-2.6 includes only a single patch, so it shouldn't be
to difficult to use wireless-dev.

I know that we have discussed already, but I suggest again to move
also with the softmac-based driver to in-tree development. It would
certainly save time. I would still create a tar tree, that could be
compiled outside of the kernel.

Regarding the known issues of my master tree. I admit there are
problems with the AL2230 RF, which doesn't work very well for me with
or without the signal strength handling. There are no such issues
with the RF2959. How about doing signal strength handling only for
RF2959?

2.6.19.1 without softmac-patches is not a good setup, because
deauthentication is not handled. It should also be noted, that
calling ieee80211_rx in hard irq context might create problems in
specific setups. This is fixed in my tree.

Kind regards,

Uli

--
Uli Kunitz