Andy Green wrote:
> I think in managed mode the firmware in the stick insists that valid
> packets are marked up with either the AP or your MAC address, or some
> similar strict regime.
>
> I have also seen in monitor mode nearby transmissions on different
> channels (!) turning up on another channel intermittently,

This is normal and happens on almost all consumer 802.11 hardware (i.e.
devices with inexpensive radios). It's related to both physical
proximity of the monitoring device to the transmitting one, and also due
to the 'resolution' of the radio and the fact that (e.g.) channel 3 is
right next to channel 4 in the spectrum and the radio isn't quite good
enough to distinguish between them 100% of the time.