>First Bill! wrote:
>> In the first scenario resulted in the candidate is
>> dismissed. In the second
>> scenario the candidate is hired.

And then Serge wrote:

Before I start I want to thank you for posting.  We need more posts to
stimulate good action on this forum.  I want to say ahead of time I'm
tearing your post apart not out of any malice towards you, but just because
I enjoy responding with my perspectives on zen.

>Very logical answer!
Actually it's not an answer based on logic at all.  It's an answer based on
observation (in this case reading).  There is nothing to deduce.  This is
the essence of zen.  Nothing hidden, nothing complex, just here and now,
just this.

>The point of this story is we're missing information
>on why one was hired and one was not.

Of course it's your story so only you know the point, if there is one.
There is, however, no 'point' in zen practice - no goal, no hidden meanings.
Just the story.  Just this.

>Same thing when
>we try to intellectualize (sp?) Zen with books.

Throw them away!  Or maybe send them to Michael...

>It will give you a good base, but never the full story.

Books and intellectualizations don't give you a good base; they give you
more clutter that you'll eventually have to discard.  The zen story is not a
full story; it's an empty story.

>In Zen, you first experience it, as the intellect only
>grabs a portion of the real picture.

Zen is pure experience.  'You' and your 'intellect' stand between you and
pure experience.

>The way I imagine...[...balance cut because I'm sleepy and am going to
bed...]

>Good Zazen!

..as opposed to Bad Zazen?

..Bill!

Scanned by VisNetic MailScan for SMTP Servers.
Visit http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_mailscan.