--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >First Bill! wrote:
> >> In the first scenario resulted in the candidate is
> >> dismissed. In the second
> >> scenario the candidate is hired.
>
> And then Serge wrote:
>
> Before I start I want to thank you for posting.  We need more posts
> stimulate good action on this forum.  I want to say ahead of time
I'm
> tearing your post apart not out of any malice towards you, but just
because
> I enjoy responding with my perspectives on zen.
>
> >Very logical answer!
> Actually it's not an answer based on logic at all.  It's an answer
based on
> observation (in this case reading).  There is nothing to deduce.
This is
> the essence of zen.  Nothing hidden, nothing complex, just here and
now,
> just this.

I am in complete agreement with this no-nonsense, non-mystical
approach.  I would just like to add a little bit more about "just
this" which is that it is just this, without clinging.  Without
clinging to anything, but especially not clinging to self, views of
self, self in this, this as self, or self as other than this.

The way this dovetails with this thread is that "plain observation"
lets what is in the moment be just what it is, and does not mix
interpretation into it, like milk into flour, where they become
indistinguishable.  Where there is interpretation, it is recognized
as interpretation, and left unmixed.

Thank you
Ian