On Friday, November 17 Mrs. JDK wrote:

>My question to all is: Is there a directional pull on this planet
>when it comes to faceing when you meditate?

There are all kinds of 'directional pulls' on this planet: gravitational,
electromagnetic and perhaps even some kinds of physic or metaphysical pulls.
But from my teaching, my reading and my experience I have never heard of
such a thing being a consideration when doing zazen (zen meditation).

You should be able to do zazen anywhere at anytime: sitting, standing,
walking; facing north, south, east, west, up or down.  You might try doing
zazen facing in the 'comfortable' direction, and then the next time in the
'uncomfortable' direction.  If there's a real difference I'd advise you to
learn to do zazen facing the 'uncomfortable' direction.