Zen Master Seung Sahn (who was my teacher's teacher) was also a Feng
Shui master. Seung Sahn was asked to use his Feng Shui skills to
determine auspicious locations for the remains of both Chogyam Trunpa
Rinpoche and Shunryu Suzuki Roshi after they died.

While many people today think of Feng Shui as a way to find the optimal
arrangement of their office furniture - it is actually a valuable
spiritual tool. In addition to choosing locations for memorials for dead
teachers, and perhaps more importantly, it is also used to establish the
correct location - and directional orientation - for Buddhist temples.

Probably you should just listen to your intuition. But if you want more
specific answers you could try to find a Feng Shui master who is also a
Buddhist practitioner. Or you could try to find other sources of
information on Feng Shui.

Buddhist Temples are usually east-facing. That doesn't mean that
everyone who meditates inside the temple will be facing east, though. It
means that the big Buddha on the altar is facing east. The temple that I
practice at faces west, though - but when I am facing toward the Buddha
I am facing east.

- Curt